Twenty Seven days into 2013 and I now I am starting to understand. Well, Better Late Than Never, right?
- I understand that my lackadaisical, laid back, ‘oh, I’ll get to it’ attitude about blogging is not for me. I need a schedule. I am going back to announcing my schedule for the week – better late than never, right?
- I understand that while I can’t spend all my time on social media and be a productive writer, I can’t ignore days of social media and expect to be on top of things. Playing catch up all the time doesn’t work for me – better late than never, right?
- I understood that I needed some time after my last job to relax and recharge. But, 6 weeks out of work and I am bored and unproductive in every part of my life. Far be it from me (What a great saying, I feel like my grandma) to use all this extra time to practice writing habitually, reading cognitively and editing effectively. But, I am starting now – better late than never, right?
- I am realizing that with so many opportunities out there for pitching/querying/submitting to agents/publishers on blogs/twitter/facebook/writer’s conferences. My three first drafts aren’t ever going to be ready, sitting on my desk unedited – better late than never, right?
Have you had any Better Late Than Never lessons learned this year?
Thanks so much to EM Castellan for the The Lovely Blog Award.
Also, a quick thanks and shot out to Karens Different Corners for awarding me the Liebster Award, although I am not sure I should except because I have more then 200 followers, I appreciate the recognition regardless. And, she is close to 200 herself, so follow her and prepare to gain knowledge and be entertained.
Post to Report On
Hey, Y’all: Dialect and Slang From the Write Angle – As someone from Texas, I have to practice not making all my characters sound like Texans. What do y’all think about dialects and slang?
Character Study by Left and Write – How much character development do you do before and during writing and editing?
6 Things You Didn’t Know About Becoming and Published Author: a guest post by RaeBeth McGee-Buda on Amanda Fanger – #2 – Editing is Tough – I knew it.
The First Draft Run Through Blues by Raewynn Hewitt – Makes me want to cry.
Editing is Writing Too by Raewynn Hewitt – The push I needed to get off my butt and put my butt in the chair and edit.New Followers Tim The Film Guy William Stadler Special thanks to my email followers as well.
Next Week’s ScheduleMonday – Re-Introduce Myself Blog Hop Wednesday – The Word Master Challenge Friday – Imaginary Friend Blog Hop Sunday – My Weekly Update
And, don’t forget to sign up for Blogging from A to Z Challenge on Wednesday, January 30, 2012. Click the badge below for rules and Tips on Blogging from A to Z.
And, congratulation to Aldrea Alien for knowing her Bilbo/Gollum Riddles. Here are the answers:
4. Sun in the sky shining upon daises on a hill.
7. A Fish.
8. A fish lay on a table. A man sat on a stool. And the cat got the bones.
I didn’t want my friends out there to freakout like they did on Tina here.
I am taking a break for a few days in order to complete some projects that will put me back on track for the end of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy last few days of NaNoWrimo.
See you on November 28th.
I am participating in some fun blog hops over the next two weeks. Join me!
October 15, 2012 – The Nineties Blogfest!
Dave invites us to post about our favorites things from the nineties. Choose a favorite song, show, episode, movies, dance, etc for each year. I’ve been working on this post already and have some surprises.
October 17, 2012 – Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest
The Ninja and Knight have joined forced to host this great blogfest to support/promote other writers. I will be posting about a book I noticed recently. I don’t do book reviews, so I am going to tell you about what happen to me when I read this book. Can’t wait to share it with you.
October 26 – 29, 2012 – Spooktoberfest
Jackie and Dani have prompted me to write a 300 word Flash Fiction piece using the following words: cobweb(s), cauldron(s), jack-o-lantern(s), ghost(s), razor(s). The story can be scary, comical, romantic, whatever I choose. Just be creative! They will pick a winner on October 31, 2012.
October 29, 2012 – Monstrous Monday Bloghop
What kind of Monster? Tim invites us to write about a monster we like/love/hate. Well, I am going to tell you about a monster I hate. And, this is going to be tricky because I am going to attempt to post a clip of this monster without me actually having to look at it myself because he/it creeps me out.
*Click on the badges for more information and to sign up.
Post to Ponder
If It Makes You Happy – This post was so imaginative and I am happy I am not the only one who talks to her characters.
Scott Morrow’s Boost Blog Traffic Blog posted a great post by Chris Lappin 12 Blogging Mistakes That Make You Look Like a World Class Idiot.
Kevin Hanrahan wrote How do our Troops Live Deployed? It got me into doing research on my new WIP. A few of my characters are Marines.New Followers The Better Man Project – I linked his about page because it is pretty cool. You need to check it out. Elicia M. Seawell Next Week’s Schedule Monday – Blogfest Wednesday – Blogfest Friday – Write Practice Sunday – My Weekly Update
I thought I would reblog this post because I asked the questions ,but mainly so I remember where to go if I ever meet and need to kill a Kathakona.