Today is a very special day. Some may call it epic. It is the return of the revamped The Peasant Revolt: A new status quo of reading & writing.
Click on the invite and join us tonight at 5:00 pm Eastern and meet the new team.
Hope to see you there!!
Click here to read more of my interview on The Peasant Revolt.
I haven’t done one of these properly in a while. Since the big move, a lot more has changed then just my geographic location. I thought it was a good opportunity to update you on what is happening in the world of Sydney Aaliyah Michelle, the person, the writer and the blog. Thanks so much to Fel Scotzig at The Peasant Revolt for the opportunity.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Thing About Me:
- I have discovered a love for reading science fiction. I love the movies, but never really gave it a chance as reading material. When it comes to world building/scene setting, you can’t beat a good sci fi novel. – Thanks Steve Umstead and his Gabriel series for showing me the way.
- I am a huge football fan and didn’t realize how much I missed the drama of it while living overseas. Just catching the playoffs of the 2012 – 2013 season showed me so many highs and lows, fights and injuries, band substance accusations, fake girlfriends and bizarre love triangles. And you thought it all happened on the field. SMH
- Unemployment doesn’t quite suit me. I figured I would use all this free time to get my blog in order and editing done on WIP #1. But, it’s back firing on me. I am much more productive with a lot less free hours in the day. I’ll use the rest of this free time to examine why this is.
- Even though I am unemployed, I still spend a good part of the day planning what I am going to buy once I am employed. And, moving home from China, I basically get to start all over. That means buying a car, getting an apartment, finding a church, and a gym. I get to develop a whole new routine. That includes my annual vacation this year and next year. So far, I’ve planned a trip to London (I miss my favorite city), Hawaii (Mark Koopman’s writing retreat) and DC (Beyonce Concert).
- Sydney Aaliyah is a pen name. It has parts of my real name and I have started to add more of my real name, Michelle, which creates a new pen name. So, if you start seeing Sydney Aaliyah Michelle around the blogosphere, that’s me, too. But, please feel free to still call my Sydney, Syd or Sam (that’s what my parents call me).
- I did find my writing spot. It was a recommendation from Kate O Lynch. The Coffee House Cafe. The food is so good. They have a cool patio with a fire place that is nice for reading. Most important, it is quiet from 2-5. Perfect writing time while I am still unemployed.
- In case you didn’t get it, I’m looking for a job. If you or someone you know is looking for a writer, event director, project manager, editor, proofreader, golf club consultant, book recommender, and/or hand holder while you get your first or fifteenth tattoo, I’m your girl. That last one, I would actually do for free. 😉
- Donya Lynne
- Ellie Garratt
- Mark Koopmans
- Ali Cross
- Shannon A Thompson
- Spearman 101
- Gus Sanchez
- Misha Gericke
- Marcy Kennedy
- Raewyn Hewitt
- Annalisa Crawford
- Kyra Lennon
- Elise Fallson
- Tasha Seegmiller
- M.L. Swift
Congrats to the winners and check out their blogs.
Who inspires you?
I have been in New York for 4 days, now. Thanks to Ava J. Easterby. Her post Location, Location, Location (For your Novel) got my mind thinking, I need to visit some of the spots in my last few projects to make sure I have the locations correct. This is also my first time in the US in 2 years.
I love food. I love shopping with my mom. I love walking the streets with a latte in my hand in the cool crisp air. I love winter and I love New York. Some things never change.
I will warn you right now, I see several New York/New Jersey related post in the future.
But, I will tease you with this for starters.
Thank you so much EM Castellan for this beautiful award. I am a rebel award winner, I am going to refer to my And You Are? Bloghop post in lieu of sharing another 7 things about myself.
I would like to nominate the people in the Posts to Read below. They all inspire me to no end.
Flashback Blog Hop – The Peasant Revolt
The Peasants and Felicia Scotzig are celebrating her first blogoversary! To join in on the fun, the rules are simple:
Posts to Read
Update on the Plan from Angi Black – Haters need to lay off Angi, she is doing her thing.
Go Deep! Deeper! YES! Deep POV Rules in Fiction from Donya Lynne – great lessons on writing
Adding Humour in our Stories from Rachna – if you want to be funny
Fake It ‘Til You Make It from R.C. Lewis – i had to do this, too.
What Type of Writer are You from Philip Overby – i am a combo of all of these
Write Romance? Get Your Beat Sheet Here! from Jami Gold – for the organized romance writer
Post Inspired by our Great Writers
Vonnegut on Creating Characters
J.R.R. Tolkien’s Top 10 Tips for Writers
Beyond the Hill 45
Next Weeks Schedule
Monday – Book Club Blog Hop
Tuesday – Tattoo Tuesday – Jennifer
Wednesday -Jennifer George Guest Post
Friday – E – Book Challenge
Sunday – My Weekly Update
Look back at your work from January 2012–blog posts, stories, poetry, etc.–and find something you’d like to share. Whether you wonder, “What was I thinking?” or find something that you’re still proud of and want to share with a larger audience, I’d like everyone to share a piece of their work or a short reflection.
Hop around to the other blogs and meet all of the great folks participating.
At the end of the week, everyone who participates will be eligible to enter a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card.
You can also earn additional entries, by answering questions about some of the sponsoring blogs (questions will be released here on January 4, 2012).
I thought I would reblog this post because I asked the questions ,but mainly so I remember where to go if I ever meet and need to kill a Kathakona.