1st rule of WRiTE CLUB, you can talk about WRiTE CLUB, but just this once. I have been in search of motivation to start writing some short stories and I came across this contest and had to participate. Plus, Fight Club is one of my favorite movies and Tyler Durden is one of my all time favorite movie characters. If you want to learn more about WRiTE CLUB and join the competition, click on the badge to the right. Thanks to our WRiTE Master DL Hammons for creating the opportunity for the WRiTE of the Century. First WRiTE is held on July 30th. Bring it on.*
*Get it? I am replacing the word Fight with the word WRiTE. Pretty clever, huh?
“F–k off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let… lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.” Tyler Durden
I wanted to give a special shout out this week to some of the people who are putting in work for me. Your simple click of a button has been so valuable to me and I want to say thank you.
First, a few of my diligent Tribemates – If you aren’t on Triberr, what are you waiting for?
My Most Reliable RT’ers
If you aren’t following these people, you are missing out. I know there are many more and if I missed you, so sorry and thank you, too.
There are two book that you need to watch out for and pick up this week.
Flight of the Blue by A.E. Howard comes out on July 24th. I had the honor of interviewing A.E. during JuNoWriMo and I am really looking forward to reading her new book.
How I Make A Living In Writing by Scott Morgan. I really enjoy Scott’s blog Write-Hook.com and have read an excerpt from his new book and it is good.
Jase at Resurrected Writer
CurnBlog – Movie site
Chris at Good News Teachings
Victoria at Made for Victory
Rachel at Rachel’s Ink
Live 4 Life 201
Next Week’s Schedule
Tuesday – Tattoo Tuesday
Wednesday – Sydney Quotes the Movies
Friday – Blog Post
Sunday – My Weekly Update
Buckles by David Gilbert
Buckles has the right idea.
It has been a busy week and I needed a laugh, so I though I would share this with everyone.
What would you do without a job?
We are back with the second half of this blast of a Blogfest with our Hangers this time. The last sentence of each chapter is just as important as the first. Check out my Hangers; the last lines of each chapter of my WIP – I’m Coming Home.
- So much for 36 hours to herself.
- And, she was pretty proud of herself, too.
- She didn’t remember reading it before falling asleep, but she must have because she dreamed about him all night.
- That was Sydney’s heart talking, her head was singing an entirely different tune.
- She decided that it was probably just the alcohol; liquid courage.
- From the way he kissed her good night, she had no doubt that he felt the same.
- The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.
- After the first song, Sydney was having such a great time all the negative, bad, anxiety fueled stuff in her head pretty much disappeared.
- “By the way, my nature is not all that delicate.”
I like my hangers. They convey the series of emotions that my MC pretty well. Let me know what you think.
You can find the other blogfest participants by clicking on the Hookers & Hangers badge at the top and join me in thanking Cassie, Hope, Jade, Jenny & Kelley for hosting the Hookers & Hangers Blogfest.
I am so excited to have our first tattoo tail on Tattoo Tuesday. I promise, I am done with the alliterations. My first guest is Kate Byrne. Here is how her beautiful back piece came about (That one was unintentional).
The first is a piece of Bahraini street art from early on in the Arab Spring. The Arabic in the corner roughly translates into “our weapons are but flowers”. You’ll see the English in the petals of the rose in picture two and the antique rifle barrel in picture three.
I went to my tattoo artist with two different ideas. I knew I wanted a book (books are an integral part of my life and being) and I knew I wanted Yggdrasil, the Norse tree of wisdom, but I didn’t know how or where. It was my artist’s idea to incorporate those two into the piece on my back.
One of my favorite things about the experience of getting tattoos is taking your ideas to an artist you trust and then watching him bring your ideas to life in art.
Thanks so much for sharing Kate. Beautiful tattoo. Please visit Kate’s Blog at Waiting for that Rocket or follow her on Twitter at @burnsy06
Anyone else want to share their tattoo stories. I would be happy to feature you on the next Tattoo Tuesday.
The ladies over at Falling for Fiction have created the Hookers & Hangers Blogfest. What a great idea? I know I said I wasn’t going to look at my WIP until September, but I thought this would be a fun exercise and a great learning experience.
So, here it goes. Some choice 1st lines from chapters of my novel – I’m Coming Home.
- Even after making this trip about 2 times a year for the last three years, Sydney still has it in her mind that a 16 hour plane ride is something to avoid at all cost.
- Again, Sydney was surprised at how flirty she was being, but it felt so natural, talking to him like this; well, more like texting him like this.
- Sydney woke up at 6:00 am the next morning, surprisingly not tired and, with a smile on her face.
- Sydney came down in the elevator looking cute on the outside and feeling like she was going to throw up on the inside.
- Stepping out of the club onto Bourbon Street among all the lights and sounds and people, Sydney realized she was more drunk then she thought.
- Even though they had made up, Sydney was shaken by the little argument when she woke up the next day.
- At the end of the day, the crew went to watch the leaders finish on 18 while Sydney stayed behind to clean up.
- A little embarrassed by the scene they were making, Sydney wiped the tears from her eyes, “You almost missed me.”
- June went by fast at the Academy and in a few weeks, John would be coming to visit.
- John woke up around 4:00 am, still getting used to the time difference, he rolled over and put his arms around Sydney and kissed her neck to wake her up.
- Sydney spent the next couple of months home doing exactly what she wanted to do; slept, reconnected with family and it gave John the opportunity to get to know her family.
What an eye opener. These need a lot of work. I would appreciate any suggestions. Click on the badge to read other writer’s Hookers. And, come back on Wednesday to see my Hangers.