The ladies over at Falling for Fiction have created the Hookers & Hangers Blogfest. What a great idea? I know I said I wasn’t going to look at my WIP until September, but I thought this would be a fun exercise and a great learning experience.
So, here it goes. Some choice 1st lines from chapters of my novel – I’m Coming Home.
- Even after making this trip about 2 times a year for the last three years, Sydney still has it in her mind that a 16 hour plane ride is something to avoid at all cost.
- Again, Sydney was surprised at how flirty she was being, but it felt so natural, talking to him like this; well, more like texting him like this.
- Sydney woke up at 6:00 am the next morning, surprisingly not tired and, with a smile on her face.
- Sydney came down in the elevator looking cute on the outside and feeling like she was going to throw up on the inside.
- Stepping out of the club onto Bourbon Street among all the lights and sounds and people, Sydney realized she was more drunk then she thought.
- Even though they had made up, Sydney was shaken by the little argument when she woke up the next day.
- At the end of the day, the crew went to watch the leaders finish on 18 while Sydney stayed behind to clean up.
- A little embarrassed by the scene they were making, Sydney wiped the tears from her eyes, “You almost missed me.”
- June went by fast at the Academy and in a few weeks, John would be coming to visit.
- John woke up around 4:00 am, still getting used to the time difference, he rolled over and put his arms around Sydney and kissed her neck to wake her up.
- Sydney spent the next couple of months home doing exactly what she wanted to do; slept, reconnected with family and it gave John the opportunity to get to know her family.
What an eye opener. These need a lot of work. I would appreciate any suggestions. Click on the badge to read other writer’s Hookers. And, come back on Wednesday to see my Hangers.