A wise friend once told me not to make promises I can’t keep, not even to myself. I made some goals for myself at the beginning of the summer. And, I did pretty good until August hit and then my life seemed to get caught in a tail spin. Nothing tragic or anything, just out of my control. I think I need to change my tactics. So, here are my goals until my trip home on December 6th.
- Write for 2 hours per day. Win Campnano.
- Sweat for 1 hour per day. Exercise in any form.
- Post on my blog 4 times per week. Quality post, no fluff.
- Stop buying books until I read the ones I have.
- Pay off my credit card (3,012.05 down from 10,000.00 at the beginning of the year). Which means stop spending money. Which means, when I am bored, see 1-4. (READ, WRITE or SWEAT).
What do you do when you feel your life is going off track?
The move to Shanghai is under way and I figured if I was going to be living in a new city, I should learn a little about it. Five facts about my new home town:
- There are 23 million people in Shanghai. That’s a lot of people.
- 20,000 jews fled to Shanghai to escape the Nazis. I didn’t not know that.
- Parents still gather at the Shanghai Market with the resume of their unwed children in the hope of finding them a spouse. I need to tell my mother.
- KFC showed up in Shanghai 5 years before McDonalds. I wonder if it’s real chicken.
There are 2.5 female toilets for every 1 male toilet and about 80% of public toilets are ‘squatters’. If you have never had to squat to pee, count yourself lucky.
Bonus: I think I mentioned it before, but it’s worth repeating. My new home is a high rise apartment on top of a mall with a movie theater. Sydney Quotes the Movies will get a boost in frequency.
Return to the Past – Blog Love Returns