Title: London Falling
Author: Chanel Cleeton
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin HQN (Digital First)
Publication Date: July 7th, 2014
We weren’t a relationship, we were a ticking time bomb…
Maggie Carpenter walked away from the hottest encounter of her life when she left the seductive glitz of England for summer break in her South Carolina hometown. Now that she’s returned to the International School in London—and sexy, privileged Samir Khouri is once again close enough to touch—she can’t help but remember the attraction, the drama … the heartbreak.
She can’t help but want him even more.
Samir can’t afford to fall for someone so far removed from his world, not when his time in London is running out. It’s his senior year—his last chance at freedom before he returns home to Lebanon. There, he’ll be expected to follow in his father’s footsteps—not follow his heart to Maggie. But when a scorching secret hookup becomes a temptation neither can resist, they’ll both have to fight to survive the consequences … and find a future together.
Don’t miss this explosive sequel to I See London, and the riveting conclusion to Maggie and Samir’s story. This is a New Adult romance recommended for readers 17 and up.
$10 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway – 2 winners
Originally a Florida girl, at seventeen Chanel Cleeton moved to London to attend an international university. In the four years that followed, she received her bachelor’s and master’s degrees, learned how to dance, travelled through Europe, and made lifelong friendships. Chanel fell in love with London and planned to stay there forever. But fate intervened on a Caribbean cruise, when an American fighter pilot with smooth dance moves, swept her off her feet.
Now, a happily ever after later, Chanel is living her next adventure in South Korea. An avid reader and hopeless romantic, she is happiest curled up with a book. She has a weakness for handbags, puppy cuddles, and her fighter pilot husband.
Chanel is the author of the New Adult books I See London and London Falling with Harlequin HQN. Learn more about her on her website at www.chanelcleeton.com. Keep up with Chanel’s latest news, book giveaways, and more on her monthly newsletter at http://www.chanelcleeton.com/mailing-list/.
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook
I haven’t done one of these properly in a while. Since the big move, a lot more has changed then just my geographic location. I thought it was a good opportunity to update you on what is happening in the world of Sydney Aaliyah Michelle, the person, the writer and the blog. Thanks so much to Fel Scotzig at The Peasant Revolt for the opportunity.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Thing About Me:
- I have discovered a love for reading science fiction. I love the movies, but never really gave it a chance as reading material. When it comes to world building/scene setting, you can’t beat a good sci fi novel. – Thanks Steve Umstead and his Gabriel series for showing me the way.
- I am a huge football fan and didn’t realize how much I missed the drama of it while living overseas. Just catching the playoffs of the 2012 – 2013 season showed me so many highs and lows, fights and injuries, band substance accusations, fake girlfriends and bizarre love triangles. And you thought it all happened on the field. SMH
- Unemployment doesn’t quite suit me. I figured I would use all this free time to get my blog in order and editing done on WIP #1. But, it’s back firing on me. I am much more productive with a lot less free hours in the day. I’ll use the rest of this free time to examine why this is.
- Even though I am unemployed, I still spend a good part of the day planning what I am going to buy once I am employed. And, moving home from China, I basically get to start all over. That means buying a car, getting an apartment, finding a church, and a gym. I get to develop a whole new routine. That includes my annual vacation this year and next year. So far, I’ve planned a trip to London (I miss my favorite city), Hawaii (Mark Koopman’s writing retreat) and DC (Beyonce Concert).
- Sydney Aaliyah is a pen name. It has parts of my real name and I have started to add more of my real name, Michelle, which creates a new pen name. So, if you start seeing Sydney Aaliyah Michelle around the blogosphere, that’s me, too. But, please feel free to still call my Sydney, Syd or Sam (that’s what my parents call me).
- I did find my writing spot. It was a recommendation from Kate O Lynch. The Coffee House Cafe. The food is so good. They have a cool patio with a fire place that is nice for reading. Most important, it is quiet from 2-5. Perfect writing time while I am still unemployed.
- In case you didn’t get it, I’m looking for a job. If you or someone you know is looking for a writer, event director, project manager, editor, proofreader, golf club consultant, book recommender, and/or hand holder while you get your first or fifteenth tattoo, I’m your girl. That last one, I would actually do for free. 😉
- Donya Lynne
- Ellie Garratt
- Mark Koopmans
- Ali Cross
- Shannon A Thompson
- Spearman 101
- Gus Sanchez
- Misha Gericke
- Marcy Kennedy
- Raewyn Hewitt
- Annalisa Crawford
- Kyra Lennon
- Elise Fallson
- Tasha Seegmiller
- M.L. Swift
Congrats to the winners and check out their blogs.
Who inspires you?
I love pubs. There is nothing I like better then going to a local pub and having a pint.
Some of my favorite memories occurred with a pint of cider in my hand. And, I will never forget telling my English friends how much I don’t like Guinness only to discover the miracle concoction known as the “Poor Man’s Black Velvet” (Guinness mixed with Strongbow Cider ). So, good.
Pubs and Pints reminds me of the time that I lived in London and how I was “100% completely happy with life” . Really, I was. I actually wrote that in the journal I kept while I was living there. I was a college student with no stress and hadn’t had to deal with the real world, yet. Oh, the memories.
When I told the same friends who introduced me to the Black Velvet that I was heading to Sydney, he insisted that I experience The Lord Dudley Hotel. They were right before, no reason to doubt their word now.
The Lord Dudley Hotel is a famous pub in Sydney. This is how they describe The Lord Dudley and its patrons on their website.
The Lord Dudley is an enigma in that it does not have a defined clientele. The regulars come from all walks of life. Trades people and office workers rub shoulders with barristers, stockbrokers and politicians. The rich and the famous also find it a great place to unwind. Don’t be surprised to find Hollywood Actors having dinner in the restaurant while prominate sports heroes are enjoying a drink in the front bar. Publican James (Jamie) Couche has created a feel good environment which appeals to everyone who calls in.
It sounds like a place were I can be “100% completely happy with life”. If only for one night.
*I will be updating this post at a later date once I have experienced The Lord Dudley.