Today is a very special day. Some may call it epic. It is the return of the revamped The Peasant Revolt: A new status quo of reading & writing.
Click on the invite and join us tonight at 5:00 pm Eastern and meet the new team.
Hope to see you there!!
Click here to read more of my interview on The Peasant Revolt.
I haven’t done one of these properly in a while. Since the big move, a lot more has changed then just my geographic location. I thought it was a good opportunity to update you on what is happening in the world of Sydney Aaliyah Michelle, the person, the writer and the blog. Thanks so much to Fel Scotzig at The Peasant Revolt for the opportunity.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Thing About Me:
- I have discovered a love for reading science fiction. I love the movies, but never really gave it a chance as reading material. When it comes to world building/scene setting, you can’t beat a good sci fi novel. – Thanks Steve Umstead and his Gabriel series for showing me the way.
- I am a huge football fan and didn’t realize how much I missed the drama of it while living overseas. Just catching the playoffs of the 2012 – 2013 season showed me so many highs and lows, fights and injuries, band substance accusations, fake girlfriends and bizarre love triangles. And you thought it all happened on the field. SMH
- Unemployment doesn’t quite suit me. I figured I would use all this free time to get my blog in order and editing done on WIP #1. But, it’s back firing on me. I am much more productive with a lot less free hours in the day. I’ll use the rest of this free time to examine why this is.
- Even though I am unemployed, I still spend a good part of the day planning what I am going to buy once I am employed. And, moving home from China, I basically get to start all over. That means buying a car, getting an apartment, finding a church, and a gym. I get to develop a whole new routine. That includes my annual vacation this year and next year. So far, I’ve planned a trip to London (I miss my favorite city), Hawaii (Mark Koopman’s writing retreat) and DC (Beyonce Concert).
- Sydney Aaliyah is a pen name. It has parts of my real name and I have started to add more of my real name, Michelle, which creates a new pen name. So, if you start seeing Sydney Aaliyah Michelle around the blogosphere, that’s me, too. But, please feel free to still call my Sydney, Syd or Sam (that’s what my parents call me).
- I did find my writing spot. It was a recommendation from Kate O Lynch. The Coffee House Cafe. The food is so good. They have a cool patio with a fire place that is nice for reading. Most important, it is quiet from 2-5. Perfect writing time while I am still unemployed.
- In case you didn’t get it, I’m looking for a job. If you or someone you know is looking for a writer, event director, project manager, editor, proofreader, golf club consultant, book recommender, and/or hand holder while you get your first or fifteenth tattoo, I’m your girl. That last one, I would actually do for free. 😉
- Donya Lynne
- Ellie Garratt
- Mark Koopmans
- Ali Cross
- Shannon A Thompson
- Spearman 101
- Gus Sanchez
- Misha Gericke
- Marcy Kennedy
- Raewyn Hewitt
- Annalisa Crawford
- Kyra Lennon
- Elise Fallson
- Tasha Seegmiller
- M.L. Swift
Congrats to the winners and check out their blogs.
Who inspires you?