September means a break for the hot temperatures in China. Even though the weather is perfect to be outside exploring Shanghai, I have a busy month in front of the computer as well. Here are a few items that are on my to do list for September:
- Finish the first draft on my second novel. Campnano will only get me about two-thirds done. I will have another 25,000 – 30,000 words to go before it is completed. Happy dance will have to wait a few more weeks.
- Start edits on, I’m Coming Home, my first novel. Can anyone recommend a good book on editing? I am a ‘step by step’ kind of person, so I am looking for something that gives good instructions to follow on the editing process.
- Edit my short story for the Burrst Writing Contest. The only prompt given was ‘Blue’.
- Pick one out of the three ideas I have for Nanowrimo. I want to start outlining in October.
- Find more Tattoo Tuesday stories. If I have to crawl over mountains and wade through lakes, I will find them. Highest views of the week for me for those looking for exposure (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
- Participate in a few Blogfest. Click on the badges for more information and to join me.
18 thoughts on “My Weekly Update – September is Almost Here”
Sounds like a busy month ahead.
I’ve heard “Self Editing for Fiction Writers” is good, but I still haven’t gotten around to reading it. http://www.amazon.com/Self-Editing-Fiction-Writers-Second-Edition/dp/0060545690/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345956566&sr=8-1&keywords=editing+fiction
And, the fact or fiction blog hop looks fun, I think I’ll be joining you. 🙂 I might try for more but I’m doing “Gearing Up to Get an Agent” all month.
I will check out the editing book. I saw the Gearing Up to Get an Agent and it looked interesting, but more of a commitment then I have time for. It is 6 weeks, right?
Yep, but it doesn’t seem extremely time consuming other than putting together a couple of pitches (easy peasy right? :S )
Woo hoo! Shout-outs! So you do the full-time writing thing , eh? I’m considering that as an option myself, can’t do the kindergarten teacher thing forever. Sounds like a busy month but do make sure to enjoy exploring your new city. I’ll have a write-up and some pics of my Sunday excursion to SheShan （佘山） ， Shanghai’s “Mountain” , up this week!
No problem. I shout out greatness. HAHA. Yeah, no. I don’t do this writing thing full time. That is the goal for sure, but I have a day job as well. Although, we are on a bit of a stand still until our facility opens next year in Shanghai, so I am going to take advantage of it and write as much as I can. Look forward to your post on Shanghai’s “Mountain”. Be safe.
Haha aww shucks , thanks 🙂 What will you be doing in Shanghai (besides writing)? Good luck with getting all that done. That is a pretty hefty looking list. My computer/internet access is sooo slow here at work , posts coming soon! Be safe as well (look at least 8 times before crossing the street).
I got that lesson down. haha. I will be running a golf academy. Can’t announce where or when yet. Still negotiating. Best internet access, the little tables outside the apple store. haha.
Wow that’s awesome! How’d you manage to score that job? Haha gotta love that WIFI. Fortunately my apartment’s internet is pretty good as well. Just when I’m in the school’s office I go crazy. The computer as well as internet is absolutely horrible.
I have been doing this for 7 years. 2 years in America and the last 5 in China.
Wow that’s really cool. I used to like to visit my local community course in the States but I haven’t picked up a club since I’ve been in China.
Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass. Very practical. You can skip the things you don’t need.
Thanks Elisabeth. I will check that one out, too.
Wow, you’re gunna be busy! 😉
Good luck honey xx
Wait, no shout-out this week? 😦
I kid, I kid… Sounds like you have a super-stacked month ahead of you. If you have any spare time, I’m sure I can pawn off some of my junk 🙂
I know, I know, I feel horrible. You know your still my favorite.
I let you know if I have any free time. 😉
Sydney, I wish I could be as organized, and driven as you are! Sorry I’m coveting your drive right now 🙂 You’re a motivation to me to keep on keeping on keeping on.
Hey Paul, you have no idea how much I needed to hear that today. Some days I don’t feel as together as I appear. But, knowing people are paying attention helps. Thanks so much.
Of course! Well deserved compliment