Jennifer Ricketts has some bad ass tattoos. Just check them out and check out her answers to Tattoo Tuesday’s Five Questions.
1. How old where you when you got your first tattoo? I was 24 years old when I got my first tattoo.
2. What made you want to get your first tattoo? One of my favorite bands of all time is Green Day. Their American Idiot album was so inspiring to me, especially after being depressed that Al Gore lost the Presidential election to George W. Bush. I felt like the album spoke directly to me, and I loved the heart grenade symbol. After thinking about getting it as a tattoo for a year, I took the plunge!
3. How many tattoos doe you have? Right now I have four tattoos–the heart grenade and a bottle of poison on my left arm, and the beginnings of a cameo and Hello Kitty as a punk rocker on my right arm. 😀 I’m planning on having 3/4 sleeves done–my left arm will be what I like to call my “arm of destruction.” Along with the heart grenade and bottle of poison, I’d like to get a Day of the Dead skull, maybe a gun, a machete…it expresses my view that it’s ironic to believe using violence will bring about peace. Violence only begets more violence.
The pieces on my right arm each represent the people I love. My mom loved cameos, and I got that tattoo for her. She passed away when I was fourteen, and having this tattoo makes me feel like a part of her is still with me, especially after having my own children. The Hello Kitty tattoo is for my daughter–she loves Hello Kitty. I haven’t thought about what other pieces I’ll add, but I want the cameo to be finished first anyway. I want to add a frame and make the silhouette skeletal with inspiration from Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.
I won’t only have tattoos on my arms, ha ha. I also want them on my legs, back and sides. I’d like a chest piece, but my husband is totally against the idea only because he thinks it’d be difficult to cover up for a future job.
4. What is your tattoo story? If you have more than one tattoo, tell me your recent or your favorite tattoo story? My most recent tattoo is Hello Kitty, and I had it done last August when my husband and I were in Las Vegas celebrating our tenth anniversary together. We stayed at the Palms, which had a tattoo parlor in the casino part, and I couldn’t resist. 😀 Plus I think it’s funny to have gotten a Hello Kitty tattoo when I was thirty.
5. Tattoos on a significant other, like or dislike? Why? My husband has three tattoos–the lightning bolt hitting the man from the American Idiot album, the girl from Green Day’s Kerplunk album, and a rock-a-billy zombie. He has always said he thinks the girl on the cover of Kerplunk looks like me, and our son agrees. 🙂 My husband and I both think the tattoo artist didn’t do a great job on the lightning bolt–that was the first and only time my husband ever got a tattoo from that particular artist.
Thanks for allowing me to share my tattoo story, Sydney!! 😀
Thank you, Jennifer. And, I want to give a special shout out to Jennifer’s daughter who’s birthday was yesterday. Two days after mine. Happy birthday to us!
Connect with Jennifer at:
If you want to be featured on Tattoo Tuesday, please let me know. I love to hear your tattoo story.