It’s Super Bowl Sunday. One of my favorite days of the year.
I grew up with two older brothers. I attending a huge college football school (FSU) and my mother worked for an NFL player during his 16 year career. Needless to say, I am well versed in the game of football. The timeline of my life has always been categorized by In season and Off season.
Not a football fan? Here are 5 tips for you to still enjoy the game:
- So you sound smart, the game is between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49’ers. We don’t like the 49’ers.
- Except for their tattoo covered quarterback Collin Kaepernick. He is cute as long as he keeps his mouth shut. A little to, I am a quarterback in the NFL and this is how I am supposed to answer questions, for me. But, look at those tattoos. And, if you want to sound even smarter, after a good play, say out loud, “Wow, and to think this is only his 11th start in the NFL.”
- Beyonce at half-time. Beyonce is always over the top. It is going to be a spectacle whether you are a fan of hers or not.
- The Super Bowl will be played in the Superdome in New Orleans. If you can’t be happy for how this city has bounced back, well, then you must be dead inside.
- The commercials. Wasted commercialism at its best. But, you might as well watch so you know what everyone is talking about at work the next day.
Enjoy the game and Go Ravens. What are your Super Bowl predictions?
Related Stories: The Non-Sportsman’s Survival Guide to the Super Bowl by Anna Chaconas.
Post to Review
The Next Star Wars to be Directed by J.J. Abrams – my thought by Steve Umstead – I am pretty happy about this decision.
Four Techniques to Show Rather than Tell by Marcy Kennedy – I learned a new one. Remove the ‘to’ phrases.
30 Lessons That I have Learnt From Writing by Michael J Holley – You can’t go wrong with a great list. I need to work on #6.
How to Be a Writer Who Thinks Like a Publisher at Wise Ink – This is great resource for writers.
5 thoughts on “My Weekly Update – We Have a Lot to Cover”
Wow, you were right…you did have a lot to cover 🙂 Great post, Sydney, and as a non-football fan, I’ll have to remember your tips. Thanks! 🙂
Hi Mark. This is the one game where non fans have so much more to look for. Enjoy.
Like your tips. Fortunately we know all about football in this household, so we are good to go. And yes, IWSG post is this week!
Cool. Enjoy the game Alex. I have a good one for IWSG this month. Can’t wait.
I didn’t watch the Super Bowl. I didn’t watch football much when I was growing up and never really developed a love of it. Now, if it had been the Baltimore Orioles and San Francisco Giants, I might be interested. I did find the YouTubes of the Budweiser commercial (which had me in tears for half an hour afterwards) and the Dodge Ram commercial with Paul Harvey talking about farmers, which had me almost as verklempt.