This is some hot off the presses Tattoo Tuesday Ink from Claudia. She got this tattoo yesterday. Thanks for sharing Claudia, your five questions start now:
1. How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I got my first tattoo when I turned 18. My best friend and I walked into a shop and pointed to a kanji in a book that said it meant ‘Wild’ and told them to stick it on us. As soon as the needles hit my skin I knew I was going to be addicted. While all of my ink is special to me I’m in the process of covering up my very first one as what it represents isn’t a part of who I am anymore and it is terribly faded. When we are done I’ll have a beautiful pinup mermaid across my back.
2. How many tattoos do you have? If only one, do you want more? I’d say my most meaningful tattoo is the memorial piece I had done for my grandparents. Shortly after I lost my grandfather, who was my favorite person and an avid bird watcher, I heard the song Birds by Neil Young on the radio and these lyrics helped me with his loss “When you see me Fly away without you Shadow on the things you know Feathers fall around you And show you the way to go.” and so I wanted something to remind me that they were still there with me even though they were gone… So I got two birds flying through forget-me-not flowers.
3. What inspired you to get your first tattoo or favorite tattoo? Tell me your tattoo story. It took me a long time, and 5 different shops, to finally find the artist that was perfect for me. When I walked into Cathedral Tattoo Co. I knew it was a match made in heaven. I’ve received the majority of my ink within those walls and I’ll continue to add to my collection there.
4. Tattoos on a significant other, like or dislike? Explain why? My husband also has a growing collection of sexy ink flowing over his skin. We both go to the same artist and we schedule our sessions back to back spending all night at the shop.
5. Do the character’s in your books have tattoos? If so, pick a character and tell me his or her tattoo story? Why was this story incorporated in the book? In Sin For Love (Fortune For Love #1) Reese does have a sleeve covering one of his arms, and while it is sexy it isn’t a big part of the story. Now in Fortune For Love #2 (which doesn’t have a title yet) there is a character with a large tattoo that is very much a part of the story…
To learn more about Claudia Bradshaw, connect with her on her Blog, Twitter and check out her new release Sin for Love on Goodreads.
If you have a book coming out or just want to tell your tattoo story and want to be featured on Tattoo Tuesday, let me know by leaving me a message in the comments.