I have been tagged by my blog buddy A.M. Schultz. I am stealing his little skull star guy in order for you to remember the man and the myth. Besides, I think it is too cool. Click on the skull to visit his new site Head Spit. The guys got talent.
Eleven Things about Me:
1. I am moving to Shanghai next month.
2. I broke my iPhone yesterday by dropping it on a concrete floor.
3. I play golf.
4. I am unusually loyal to TaylorMade Adidas products.
5. I am obsessed with reality cooking show competitions; Top Chef, Master Chef, Chopped.
6. I can’t cook.
7. I am currently reading Foreign Identity by my new blog friend Becca J. Campbell. Just a few pages in, but Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory meets the movie Saw keeps popping into my head. It is really good.
8. I wonder why Apple doesn’t make printers. It is preventing me from having an all Apple workstation.
9. I currently have three types of currency in my wallet. Can you guess which ones? Hint: I don’t have any American dollars.
10. The title of my next novel is tentatively Ink: A Permanent Love Story. Corny?
Now on to 11 questions by AM Schultz. I have to admit, I am a little scared. Here we go:
#1: Better Song: Happy Happy, Joy Joy or Peanut Butter Jelly Time?
Happy Happy, Joy Joy. I have no clue what Peanut Butter Jelly Time is, but I will look it up.
#2: What song must you dance/sing to, even at the risk of looking like a ginormous dorkface?
In the fantasy version of myself, I sing and dance like Beyonce. Dance for You is my favorite song from her last album and whenever I hear it, I have to sign and dance. It’s pretty hot. Let me know what you think.
#3: If you could take any historical figure to lunch, who would it be?
I have a fascination with female leaders, so I would probably pick Cleopatra. The historical accounts of her versus how she is portrayed in movies and T.V. shows is so different. I would love to ask what what’s the real deal.
4: Where would you go?
I would take her to Craft in New York. Tom Colicchio’s food is fit for a queen.
#5: What do you think they would order?
She would probably order the entire menu and take a small bite of each thing. She is a queen after all, she is allowed.
#6: What book do you wish you had written?
There aren’t any books I wish I could have written. I think that would be pretty arrogant of me to think I could write a book I love better than the writer.
#7: If you could be one character from literature, who would you be?
I took this quiz What Character from literature are you and it said I was Atticus Finch, which is just awesome. I love To Kill a Mockingbird
#8: Paper or plastic?
#9: Does the end justify the means?
It does, until it doesn’t.
#10: Least favorite celebrity?
Kim Kardasian – I just don’t get it.
#11: What is the maximum number of times someone should take a bath/shower per day (excluding those with medical conditions, etc)
At least once a day, unless you are really busy and don’t subject other to your funk, then you can get a way with once every two days.
Also, a shout out and thank you to Ella Medler for the One Lovely Blog Award she bestowed upon me last week and Megan Paasch; Rhymes with Smash! for the Inspiring Blog Award. Last but not least, big thanks to Emma MC at Write Away for the Sunshine Award. Please check out their blogs.
Badges are on my Blog Work Tab. As far as the responsibilities, please forgive me, but I don’t think there is anything that you don’t know about me. I need to go do more stuff so I have more to talk about. But, I am very grateful for the love nonetheless.
New Followers – I am honored and blessed.
Tyler Wiechman – Fun blog and Marvel Comic tattoos
Year of Austere
Economiced by Dan Pedersen
Beauty, I Say!
Journey of Jordanna East
Poemage by Justin & Jin
Next Weeks Schedule
Monday – Hookers Blogfest
Tuesday – Tattoo Tuesday
Wednesday – Hangers Blogfest
Friday – Blog Post
Sunday – My Weekly Update
New Blog Award
I am once again honored and humbled by the generosity and support from the blogging community. I have been award the Beautiful Blogger award by the very interesting Lightningpen’s Blog. His witty blog posts intermittent with random rants make for a fun read, so please check him out.
In regards to this blog award responsiblities, I will now fulfill them to the best of my ability.
7 Deserving Blogs:
- Jeremy Powell – The Hopeful Author – He is a writer on a journey and has a great attitude about the process. Plus he has his priorities in order; family first.
- Falls Into Writing – Jenn is a Southern girl from North Carolina and has been thinking about writing a novel for years and now she is doing it. I can relate.
- Confessions of a Popcorn Addict – JuNoWriMo peep and a true believer in prewriting, as I am.
- The Phantom M-pire – Mark has great movie reviews and I love movies. But, he also has a few random post, that make you think. His latest; If I were in Charge
- Wendy Lu – The Red Angel – She is a Chinese American who seems to have fifty different jobs (2 blogs, journalist, magazine editor, traveler and novelist) and I picture her doing all of them with the same smile on her face that she has on her profile photo.
- EM Castellan – I meet during JuNoWriMo and had the privilege of interviewing her for my site. Her blog is full of fascinating post and she lives in an English castle, which is just cool.
- Amanda Fanger – Another new discovery from JuNoWriMo, she has a smart and fun point of view on her writing process.
New to Facebook, Again
Well I did it. I set myself up on Facebook . . . again. I like Facebook. I really do. And with the sharing capabilities connected to everything you read online it makes it easy for others to see what you find interesting.
The reason I took a long break from Facebook in the past is because it got to consuming and to overwhelming. It is hard to keep up. I mean, one of my friend went on a trip to the Grand Canyon and posted a gazillion photos, I went to the Great Wall and felt obligated to share a gazillion and 1 photos. It took the fun out of the real life activities I was participating in because I had to make sure I had the best pics, stories and antidotes for my Facebook friends. It was exhausting.
But, I am back and will be smarter about it. If you would like to be my friend, go check me out. I am the Sydney Aaliyah in China. Head on over, but just don’t make me feel guilty for not posting 400 photos of my visit with my nephews.
Besides, I only took 350.
Before I get to my new followers I would like to pose a questions to everyone: What would you rather have new followers or comments on blog post? Let’s discuss.
New followers, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Next Weeks Schedule
Monday – Junowrimo Participant Interview – A.M. Schultz
Tuesday – Movie Quotes
Wednesday – What Would You Do that if it Could Get you This – Cosmo Article Inspired Blog Post – can’t wait to share.
Friday – Junowrimo Participant Interview – Morgan Hyde
Sunday – My Weekly Update
*Continue to check out Sydney Aaliyah Writes for my daily JuNoWriMo updates. I hit 50,000 words last week and then some. I hope to have over 70,000 words by the end of June.
I received an award on Friday from Carissa Taylor. Thank you so much Carissa. I am honored and humbled by your support. Also, I am super jealous of Carissa because she currently lives in one of my dream cities; Sydney, Australia.
1. What is your favorite song? I don’t like what is your favorite questions if I am required to pick only one. My brain doesn’t work like that. I could pick one in every genre or one by the top 50 of my favorite artist. But, to pick one is just unfair.
-Dangerously in Love 2 – Beyonce
-When Will I See you Smile Again – Bell Biv DeVoe
-Precious Things – Tori Amos
-Walk Like a Man – Tim McGraw
-Empire State of Mind – Jay Z
2. What is your favorite dessert? Anything w/Chocolate and Peanut Butter
3. What ticks you off? Inconsistency and Negativity
4. What do you do when you’re upset? I get really quiet and then think about it for a day. Then I bring it up to that person with clear facts and examples to show them how and why they upset me.
5. Which is/was your favorite pet? My dog Peyton. He was named after Peyton Manning. He is a toy rat terrier. The cutes thing with allergies which I think is hilarious. He actually has to take 1/2 a Benadryl every day. He has been living with my two aunts since I moved to China.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black is beautiful
7.What is your biggest fear? Snakes and failing to live the life I am supposed to live
8. What is your attitude mostly? Most of the time I have a positive upbeat attitude.
9.What is perfection? Sleeping in until noon and still having 12 hours of sun light left. Also, a good book and a hot bath
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Reality TV; no matter if it is a competition or just a camera following drunk people around. I watch it all.
10 Random Facts
I love Apple products and currently have my iPhone, iPad 3, Mac Air and Mac Book Pro sitting on my desk all on.
I collect coffee mugs from every place I have visited and use them for my daily cup of coffee habit.
I try and quit drinking coffee every month, it only last for a week.
I know over 100 words in mandarin and my favorite word is dui. It means yes or correct.
I saw Matt Damon in a play in London a few years ago and have been a huge fan every since. I sat in the front row and he spent most of the play in his boxer shorts. He really is that cute in person.
I meet Michael Jordan once at a celebrity golf tournament. The person who introduced us told him I was in law school. He said, “Oh yeah, you go to George Washington University.” I said, “Yep.” – I actually went to Georgetown.
If your name is short for something, I prefer to call you by your full name. Mike – Michael, Jackie – Jacqueline, Lynn – Lynnette, Alex – Alexander
I love sparkling water and drink it at most every meal.
There are shows on TV here in China that I would never have watched in America, but now I just love them. Sons of Guns and Deadliest Catch are two of my favorite.
I pay a driver once a week to go to town and pick me up a pepperoni pizza from Papa Johns. After Chinese food all week, it is so good.
That’s me. I am so excited. This just made my month and I want to thank karensdifferentcorners.wordpress.com for the honor.
This award came at the right time. I was feeling a bit torn between doing this, which I love and doing what I am paid to do. I could be happy just writing and blogging and all that entails. But then again, I have to eat, too. Receiving this award just reinforced my decision to try harder to find the balance between the two. Or, I could win the lottery or marry a rich man that’s an option, too. With that out of the way, it is time for me to fulfill my duties as a “The Versatile Blogger” award winner.
The 15 coolest blogs:
- Reasonably Ludicrous
- Losing my Cents
- Jillian Dodd – Glitter, Bliss and Perfect Chaos
- the. ego. tripper
- The Writer’s Republic
- The Peasants Revolt!
- Kate Foo
- Jenny Hansen’s Blog
- Moody Writing
- Empire’s 5-star 500 – My Movie Reviews
- Oh, the places we will go.
- My Gypsy Soul
- The Madlab Post
- Zena Shapter Blog
7 things you probably don’t know about me:
- I have a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, but I don’t practice law. I just can’t sit in a room for 12 hours a day looking at documents unless I actually wrote them.
- My favorite city in the world is London. It is the first foreign country I ever went to and 16 countries later, it is still my favorite.
- I ran the Hong Kong 1/2 Marathon in 3 hours, 58 minutes and I really hate to run. But, I did finish the 1/2 marathon and crossed the finish line at the same time as the winner of the full marathon. He did start two hour after me and ran twice as far, but we finished at the same time. That’s how I like to tell the story.
- I have recently decided after seeing The Avengers that the character of Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey, Jr. is in my top 5 favorite characters of all time. Other four: Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean), Hans Solo (Star Wars), William Thacker (Notting Hill), Maggie (the Cat) Pollitt (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
- I have a secret crush on Chef Michael Voltaggio, Luke Wessman (tattoo artist), Robert Downey, Jr., Ryan Gosling, and Troy Aikman. Not so much a secret anymore.
- If I could live at home for a month and then in a new country for a month and alternate that for the rest of my live, I would be in bliss.
- I really want to compete on So You Think You Can Dance. I am not a professional dancer, nor do I have any desire to be. I just think it would be so fun to be on that show.
Just a few more things you might already know:
I live in China
I love to sing, but can’t carry a tune
I don’t ever want to be famous
I love to travel
I love my family
I have the words Love, Happiness, Passion & Faith tattooed on my wrist to remind me how to live my life.