I received my first paycheck as a writer this week. I ghost wrote a blog post for a beauty blog and that’s all that I am liberty to say about it. It pretty exciting to be a paid writer and I have another assignment due this week. Super proud of myself. I’m not going to strike it rich anytime soon, but it’s satisfying being able to earn money doing what you love.
How did you feel when you sold your first book, first, poem, first article?
My new blog friend and book club host M.L. Swift gave me the The Leibster Award. Thanks so much M.L.
I’m a little late with my anniversary plans. Since my actual anniversary was in February, I decided to celebrate the beginning of my second year of blogging by reaching out to some amazing writers to ponder and guest post on “Why do I blog?”. I received some insightful responses and can’t wait to share them with you. See the schedule below.
- March 12 – Tameri Etherton
- March 19 – Vikki Thompson
- March 22 – D.C. McMillen
- March 25 – Alex Cavanaugh
- March 27 – Misha Gericke
- March 28 – Mark Means
- March 29 – EM Castellan
Post to Ponder
What I Learned from the Editor: Round 1 by Jordanna East – Its great to understand your bad habits. May save time in your next project.
Out of the Mouths of Babes by Jemi Fraser – How does your story stack up to the check list?
Next Weeks Schedule
Tuesday – Anniversary Guest Post – Tameri Etherton
Wednesday – Trust in Me Blog Blitz
Friday – Got Green Bloghop – get your irish stories ready.
Sunday – My Weekly Update
Blog of the Year
Thanks to Vikki at The View Outside and Kitt at Inner Wild Kat for nominating me for Blog of the Year. From what I understand I need to collect six stars, but I am thrilled with just the two.
The Blog of the Year rules, you can find here.
My Nominations are:
Michael J. Holley
The Peasants Revolt
#TBSU – The Blog Scratchers Union
I am honored to be a member. Thanks so much to Seumas Gallacher. Seumas is a bloggers blogger. A great supporter to the every day blogger and I am happy to have meet him. Please visit Seumas and other members of the Union. You won’t be sorry.
Other Cool Awards
Big thanks to Vikki and Karen by best blog buddies on the world wide web.
You both have been amazing to me and I appreciate all the support and encouragement and the quality content you both create on your blogs. Great example for any new writer.
Answers to a few of their questions:
Post to Review
Why Becoming an Author is not for the Faint of Heart! by Author Kimberly T. Matthews
What Romance? Get Your Beat Sheet Here! by Jami Gold
Blog Tour Ideas: Getting into Character by Felicia Scotzig
New Year’s Resolution for All Writers – The Patient Edit by Author Donya Lynne
Why You MUST Keep Your Eye on the Prize by Shelli Johnson
5 Keys to Starting Over with Style at All Groan Up
Kiss it Off by Angi Black
The Vagabond Filmaker
The Mind of RD Revilo
Jumeira James at iNation
Radaronelson at Seasons of Insanity
The Vagabond Filmmaker
The Mind of RD Revilo
Next Weeks Schedule
Tuesday – Merry Christmas – SQM – The Christmas Story
Thursday – SQM – It’s a Wonderful Life
Sunday – My Weekly Update – 2013 Goals
- Bucket List #1 – Publish a Novel
- Favorite Sport to watch – Football; Favorite Sport to play – Golf
- Dancing or Bowling – Dancing
- Favorite Holiday – Christmas
- Eye color – Brown
- TV Time – 3 hours per day, but I am on the computer through 2 of those hours
- Wear to bed – tank top and shorts (not too sexy, right)
- First things I do when I wake up – read emails on my phone, then twitter, then blog post, then I am late.
- Pet peeves – dishonesty for no reason, inconsistency and people who smack when they eat
- Pairs of shoes – to many to count
I received an award on Friday from Carissa Taylor. Thank you so much Carissa. I am honored and humbled by your support. Also, I am super jealous of Carissa because she currently lives in one of my dream cities; Sydney, Australia.
1. What is your favorite song? I don’t like what is your favorite questions if I am required to pick only one. My brain doesn’t work like that. I could pick one in every genre or one by the top 50 of my favorite artist. But, to pick one is just unfair.
-Dangerously in Love 2 – Beyonce
-When Will I See you Smile Again – Bell Biv DeVoe
-Precious Things – Tori Amos
-Walk Like a Man – Tim McGraw
-Empire State of Mind – Jay Z
2. What is your favorite dessert? Anything w/Chocolate and Peanut Butter
3. What ticks you off? Inconsistency and Negativity
4. What do you do when you’re upset? I get really quiet and then think about it for a day. Then I bring it up to that person with clear facts and examples to show them how and why they upset me.
5. Which is/was your favorite pet? My dog Peyton. He was named after Peyton Manning. He is a toy rat terrier. The cutes thing with allergies which I think is hilarious. He actually has to take 1/2 a Benadryl every day. He has been living with my two aunts since I moved to China.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black is beautiful
7.What is your biggest fear? Snakes and failing to live the life I am supposed to live
8. What is your attitude mostly? Most of the time I have a positive upbeat attitude.
9.What is perfection? Sleeping in until noon and still having 12 hours of sun light left. Also, a good book and a hot bath
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Reality TV; no matter if it is a competition or just a camera following drunk people around. I watch it all.
10 Random Facts
I love Apple products and currently have my iPhone, iPad 3, Mac Air and Mac Book Pro sitting on my desk all on.
I collect coffee mugs from every place I have visited and use them for my daily cup of coffee habit.
I try and quit drinking coffee every month, it only last for a week.
I know over 100 words in mandarin and my favorite word is dui. It means yes or correct.
I saw Matt Damon in a play in London a few years ago and have been a huge fan every since. I sat in the front row and he spent most of the play in his boxer shorts. He really is that cute in person.
I meet Michael Jordan once at a celebrity golf tournament. The person who introduced us told him I was in law school. He said, “Oh yeah, you go to George Washington University.” I said, “Yep.” – I actually went to Georgetown.
If your name is short for something, I prefer to call you by your full name. Mike – Michael, Jackie – Jacqueline, Lynn – Lynnette, Alex – Alexander
I love sparkling water and drink it at most every meal.
There are shows on TV here in China that I would never have watched in America, but now I just love them. Sons of Guns and Deadliest Catch are two of my favorite.
I pay a driver once a week to go to town and pick me up a pepperoni pizza from Papa Johns. After Chinese food all week, it is so good.