That’s me. I am so excited. This just made my month and I want to thank karensdifferentcorners.wordpress.com for the honor.
This award came at the right time. I was feeling a bit torn between doing this, which I love and doing what I am paid to do. I could be happy just writing and blogging and all that entails. But then again, I have to eat, too. Receiving this award just reinforced my decision to try harder to find the balance between the two. Or, I could win the lottery or marry a rich man that’s an option, too. With that out of the way, it is time for me to fulfill my duties as a “The Versatile Blogger” award winner.
The 15 coolest blogs:
- Reasonably Ludicrous
- Losing my Cents
- Jillian Dodd – Glitter, Bliss and Perfect Chaos
- the. ego. tripper
- The Writer’s Republic
- The Peasants Revolt!
- Kate Foo
- Jenny Hansen’s Blog
- Moody Writing
- Empire’s 5-star 500 – My Movie Reviews
- Oh, the places we will go.
- My Gypsy Soul
- The Madlab Post
- Zena Shapter Blog
7 things you probably don’t know about me:
- I have a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, but I don’t practice law. I just can’t sit in a room for 12 hours a day looking at documents unless I actually wrote them.
- My favorite city in the world is London. It is the first foreign country I ever went to and 16 countries later, it is still my favorite.
- I ran the Hong Kong 1/2 Marathon in 3 hours, 58 minutes and I really hate to run. But, I did finish the 1/2 marathon and crossed the finish line at the same time as the winner of the full marathon. He did start two hour after me and ran twice as far, but we finished at the same time. That’s how I like to tell the story.
- I have recently decided after seeing The Avengers that the character of Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey, Jr. is in my top 5 favorite characters of all time. Other four: Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean), Hans Solo (Star Wars), William Thacker (Notting Hill), Maggie (the Cat) Pollitt (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
- I have a secret crush on Chef Michael Voltaggio, Luke Wessman (tattoo artist), Robert Downey, Jr., Ryan Gosling, and Troy Aikman. Not so much a secret anymore.
- If I could live at home for a month and then in a new country for a month and alternate that for the rest of my live, I would be in bliss.
- I really want to compete on So You Think You Can Dance. I am not a professional dancer, nor do I have any desire to be. I just think it would be so fun to be on that show.
Just a few more things you might already know:
- I live in China
- I love to sing, but can’t carry a tune
- I don’t ever want to be famous
- I love to travel
- I love my family
- I have the words Love, Happiness, Passion & Faith tattooed on my wrist to remind me how to live my life.
13 thoughts on “My First Blog Award – The Versatile Blogger”
I love this! Getting to know you more was so much fun. Michael Voltaggio, yes please! I loved that season of Top Chef ~ seeing him and his brother compete was the best part.
Congrats on the award! Definitely keep blogging. Your posts are way too much fun and have become an integral part of our lives.
Tameri, You are awesome. Thanks so much. Yeah, Michael Voltaggio. Cute guy, tattoos and can cook. My perfect man.
OMG, now I have to watch Top Chef! A cutie who can cook?? Where do I sign up… 🙂
Honestly, I can and have watched season 6 over and over again.
Congrats, Sydney! You totally deserve it and it was fun learning more about you 🙂
Thanks Trish. You are too sweet!
I had no idea you lived in China. Wow. I haven’t been out of the U.S. yet but there are some places I’d like to visit. My little cousin loves Tokyo. There is a movie theater in London that I would love to visit tho. It looks like we share a secret *shhh* crush on Robert Downey Jr. although I’m not sure if mine is a crush moreso than an admiration for his talent, strength and ability to not only keep people guessing but prove naysayers wrong by rockin’ it with movies like Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man and now The Avengers….he can’t be stopped!
Also, thank you for listing my blog among your fifteen coolest! I had no idea about this until today and am glad that I came by your blog to check up on the latest postings. I will make a note of this in the coming days, for sure!
I have been living in China for about 5 years. But, I am ready to move on.
Robert Downey Jr. is one of those actors that plays these roles that no one else should play. Sherlock Holmes. No one else could have pulled that off.
I guess I should have sent out an email or a tweet about who I nominated. I will get on that today. But, you totally deserve it. I love your blog.
Thank you for that nod up there in the “15 coolest blogs” list! I am honored and very pleased to get to know you! Congratulations on your award!
Sydney, I am completely impressed with your fun facts! I absolutely love Georgetown University…I could (and have) walk that campus for hours. And I want to live in those flowers.
Congratulations on your award!! It’s a great one. I’m notoriously bad about getting my blog awards up, but I love them, and I’m very honored to receive this one from you. 🙂
Thanks so much Jenny. I loved living in DC and although the law school wasn’t in Georgetown, I always took the bus over there to study in the libraries. I love that campus. I wasn’t quite sure about the protocol for these awards. I am sure you have received it several times, but then I just thought it was a great way for me to say thanks to you for setting a great example.
BTW, Jenny, I can’t wait to hear how the DFW Writer’s Conference goes. It is in my hometown and I hope to be back in the states by the end of this year and I will put it on my calendar for next year.