It’s been a while, but I have a new inked up Author to share with you. Give a great Tattoo Tuesday welcome to Angie Richmond.
1. How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I was 19 when I got my first tattoo. It was a spurt of the moment decision and I chose the design off the wall of the tattoo studio. It’s a sun swirl design in blue and purple and located over my heart. I call it my ghetto tattoo LOL. It really looks terrible!
2. What made you want to get your first tattoo? Growing up I was a HUGE fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers. I remember when I bought the Blood Sugar Sex Magik cassette tape and the booklet inside showed all their tattoos. From that moment I knew I wanted tattoos. I think I was 12 years old.
3. How many tattoos do you have? If only one, do you want more? I have 5 tattoos…and counting 😉
4. What is your tattoo story? Tell me the most recent or your favorite.
All my tattoos have some sort of significance for me. Even if it’s just as simple as who I was at the time. I have a tattoo of a butterfly on my right shoulder with my grandmother’s initials underneath – she loved butterflies. But my most recent tattoo (which was done June 26th) represents a new beginning for me. It’s a quill with the words This is my journey. It’s located on the inside of my right forearm. It’s a reminder for me to stop and enjoy the moment. That everything I do is part of my journey in life. I wanted the quill because it incorporates the writer in me.
5. Tattoos on a significant other, like or dislike? Why? My husband doesn’t have tattoos…yet. He’s been planning out a piece that will represent a new beginning for him too. But in general I think tattoos are HOT! They tell the story of who a person really is. Plus they are living art!
This picture was taken right after is was done. It’s the best one I have since now it’s all flaky and healing. Thanks again for featuring me. Below are some links you can include.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeLivingStrategies