Jade, welcome to Tattoo Tuesday. Your five questions start now:
1. How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I was just a youngin when I got my first tattoo — 18.
2. How many tattoos do you have? If only one, do you want more? Right now I have 7 tattoos and I’m already planning my next one! I am *slightly* obsessed with ink and if I could, I’d be totally covered in them. I don’t have pictures of them all, but I have one on my foot, two on my stomach, one on my hip, a full rib piece on my right side, a small tattoo on my upper left rib cage and a half sleeve.
3. What inspired you to get your first tattoo or favorite tattoo? Tell me your tattoo story. My first tattoo is very special as I got it with my sister and she actually hadn’t turned 18 yet so my parents signed a waiver so we could them done together. It’s the same tattoo just on opposite sides of our feet. It’s a Celtic knot with our initials. We grew up best friends and it was so cool to do something that signified our closeness. Even though it wasn’t *that* long ago that I got it, it feels like eons ago and I hardly remember whether it hurt or not.But my favorite tattoo is my most recent one. I’d been really thinking about a special tattoo for a while but I promised myself I would not get it until I published my first book. And honestly, I thought it would never happen.
4. Tattoos on a significant other, like or dislike? Explain why? I LOVE tattoos, period. So the fact that my husband has some is just natural. He has one on his back and he’s working on a half sleeve which I find incredibly sexy. He has these great arms too, so when it’s finished, it’s going to look badass.
5. Do the character’s in your books have tattoos? If so, pick a character and tell me his or her tattoo story? Why was this story incorporated in the book? I feel like characters with tattoos is getting to the point of cliche in books now. It seems like every time I pick up a book, the characters all have one. That’s cool though, because it’s showing how far our society has come in accepting them. That said — I do have a few characters that have tattoos. In my new novel, THE FINISH, one of my main characters has a sleeve of tattoos on both arms and I love the way it fits into her personality. She’s kind of crazy and wild but she’s completely unique and fresh in my eyes. I just love her to pieces.
If you have a book coming out or just want to tell your tattoo story and want to be featured on Tattoo Tuesday, let me know by leaving me a message in the comments.