Jade, welcome to Tattoo Tuesday. Your five questions start now:
1. How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I was just a youngin when I got my first tattoo — 18.
2. How many tattoos do you have? If only one, do you want more? Right now I have 7 tattoos and I’m already planning my next one! I am *slightly* obsessed with ink and if I could, I’d be totally covered in them. I don’t have pictures of them all, but I have one on my foot, two on my stomach, one on my hip, a full rib piece on my right side, a small tattoo on my upper left rib cage and a half sleeve.
3. What inspired you to get your first tattoo or favorite tattoo? Tell me your tattoo story. My first tattoo is very special as I got it with my sister and she actually hadn’t turned 18 yet so my parents signed a waiver so we could them done together. It’s the same tattoo just on opposite sides of our feet. It’s a Celtic knot with our initials. We grew up best friends and it was so cool to do something that signified our closeness. Even though it wasn’t *that* long ago that I got it, it feels like eons ago and I hardly remember whether it hurt or not.But my favorite tattoo is my most recent one. I’d been really thinking about a special tattoo for a while but I promised myself I would not get it until I published my first book. And honestly, I thought it would never happen.
4. Tattoos on a significant other, like or dislike? Explain why? I LOVE tattoos, period. So the fact that my husband has some is just natural. He has one on his back and he’s working on a half sleeve which I find incredibly sexy. He has these great arms too, so when it’s finished, it’s going to look badass.
5. Do the character’s in your books have tattoos? If so, pick a character and tell me his or her tattoo story? Why was this story incorporated in the book? I feel like characters with tattoos is getting to the point of cliche in books now. It seems like every time I pick up a book, the characters all have one. That’s cool though, because it’s showing how far our society has come in accepting them. That said — I do have a few characters that have tattoos. In my new novel, THE FINISH, one of my main characters has a sleeve of tattoos on both arms and I love the way it fits into her personality. She’s kind of crazy and wild but she’s completely unique and fresh in my eyes. I just love her to pieces.
Once upon a time there was a little girl who fell in love with books then she grew up to write her own.
To learn more about Jade, connect with her on her Blog, Twitter, Facebook and on Goodreads.
If you have a book coming out or just want to tell your tattoo story and want to be featured on Tattoo Tuesday, let me know by leaving me a message in the comments.