The alliterations are back ladies and gentleman.
NaNoWriMoDaily Update – Best of the weekToday’s Date: November 8, 2012 Word Count: 2,132 Observations: Spent 2 – 4 in my new writing spot; Baker & Spice. I believe carrot cake is my preferred writing fuel. Coffee helps, too. I was writing a scene today where my female MC and her father who abandoned her when she was a baby get it all out in the open. It was a powerful scene and I love the way it turned out. Great mix of back story, but told in a way that the MC was asking specific questions about it so it flowed well. Then at the end of the scene, my MC and her father kind of take over and I end up talking about another character in the present story that actually put all this in motion 20 something years ago. What? Wait a minute. That wasn’t in the outline. Where the hell did that come from? It pissed me off, but then I continued to write it and I couldn’t be mad because it turned out to be really good. Good plot twist I think is what you would call it. But, some rewrites in an earlier scene are going to be necessary for it to make sense. Everyone say it with me, “That is what editing is for.” I am pleased with how 2,000 words a day is a great pace for me in real life. I have been pretty busy with work and preparing for an event. My hope is that I continue to write 2,000 per day most days until I run out of words to say when I am like 80. Quick Hits: Wreck-It Ralph is playing in the theater in the mall under my place. I see a NaNoWriMo break in my near future. It’s for character research, really it is.
NaNoWriMo Need to Know
- Donna B. McNicol’s interviewed me about my NaNoWriMo Prep.
- Depression Cookies has a great article on Distractions from Writing: NaNo Lessons
- Misha at My First Book wrote a great post about her NaNo Doubts. We all have them.
- Brooke at Paper Mountain explains Don’t Reward Yourself for Doing NaNo, Make NaNo a Reward – It is totally how I feel about it it. I get to write and that is a good thing.
Next 4 Years – It’s hard to pay attention to politics in America living in China, so I have to rely on my blog friends to inform me of the reality of the political landscape in America. *The views expressed are not necessary shared by Sydney Aaliyah, but on the other hand, they are damn funny. I always support funny.
- The Homeless Gazillionaire, Sevastian Winters stated I’m Just so . . . Happy! (My Election Erection)
- Paul Torchivia talks about How to Win Graciously
Everyone still on track for NaNoWriMo? Do your characters every take you to places you didn’t intend to go?